During the weekend of November 16, 2013, Fannie Mae will implement Desktop Underwriter® (DU®) Version 9.1, which will include the key changes described below:
- The maximum debt to income ratio (DTI) for most programs will be 45%. The maximum loan to value will be reduced to 95% (or 5% down required for conventional financing going forward). Those clients who had a deed-in-lieu or pre-foreclosure sale that haven’t been approvable in the past may now be eligible for new conventional financing.
- The Furlong Team will accept new clients and purchase agreements under the 3% down program until November 15th.
- The Maximum Allowable Debt-to-Income Ratio and Minimum Credit Score Requirements sections below have been combined. DU will not apply additional requirements of a maximum debt-to-income ratio (DTI) of 45%.
- The LTV/CLTV/HCLTV Ratio Cap Lowered to 95% section below has been updated to include information on the timeframes in which mortgage loans exceeding the maximum LTV/CLTV/HCLTV ratio of 95%.
- DU will continue to allow CLTV ratios of 105% when the subordinate financing is a Community Seconds® mortgage.
- Identifying a Deed-in-Lieu of Foreclosure or Pre-foreclosure Sale can now be done manually, where DU was unable to read the credit report accurately before. This may help these clients gain approval.
Read the complete Fannie Mae DU release notes here.